The Brigade Project Index is a collaborative effort involving core contributors from across many brigades.
We design, develop, and maintain a set of tools and practices for mapping out all the work being done on projects across the entire global network of civic hacking organizations and Code for America brigades.
Our core goal is to publish a rich and constantly-updated database of projects that any number of network projects can use as a data source to help us get better connected.
How to Get Involved ¶
- Tag your projects on github!
- Join the discussion!
- We primarily use slack (https://cfa.slack.com #brigade-project-index), and meet every 2 weeks, usually Sunday at 6pm. Drop a note in the slack channel to be included.
index/v1:/: The index in raw data form, projected into a GitHub repo for distribution and historic tracking
gh-pages:static-api/v1: Static JSON API projected into GitHub Pages website hourly
/static-api/v1/organizations.json: all organizations
/static-api/v1/projects.json: all projects (large file)
/static-api/v1/organizations/Code for Philly/projects.json: all projects by brigade
/static-api/v1/organizations/Code for Philly/projects/laddr.json: details for one project
master:docs/: The source for this website
master:crawler/: Script that crawls every brigade’s projects list hourly
master:.github/workflows: GitHub Actions Workflow that runs the crawler every hour
- Actions log: History of crawler runs
- Network-wide GitHub topic search UI
- Network-wide index search UI
- GitHub Community Health Files standards